When I was growing up I had a sister (I won't name any names) who gave my mother fits about her socks. I can remember times where my mom would get all four girls dressed and ready to leave the house and then my sister would throw a fit that her "sock feel funny" and mom would have to stop and fix her socks. I think my daughter was meant to be hers so that she would have to live with a daughter who hates socks.This morning I was dressing Lauren for preschool and we were in a hurry because the car pool would be here any minute to pick her up. I picked out some cute socks that matched what she was wearing and put them on with her shoes. The second we got her shoes on she started whining and telling me that her "socks feel funny". I told her that they would be okay and that it was time to go. I left the room to get her coat and backpack and when I returned they were off. The shoes and socks were on the floor and Lauren was in tears.
I swear to you nothing frustrates me more than to have to redo something that I have just done, especially when I am in a hurry. So I put the socks and shoes on again and took her out to the car to go to preschool, still crying. I am sure my friend that was driving today was thankful that she only has boys. Surely boys would never cry over something as silly as socks. I can't wait for summer when she can wear her sandals again and we don't have to mess with SOCKS!!




4 comments:
I'm glad that you didn't name names. Angie would be so embarrassed. wink! wink! Just so you know, your sister does have a daughter just like her and it is WAY annoying. It is amazing that mom survied all of us. Very funny post. I had a good laugh.
I still wish I had a girl...
I have a brother-in-law, that when he was younger he took a pair of scissors to his socks (all of them) and cut off the little end of the seams by the toes. If you knew this guy it would totally make sense. At least she's not taking scissors to her socks.
It must run in the Family... Christian does the same thing!
So I guess this is something we can blame on Angie?..j/k
Post a Comment