When I was a little girl I remember wanting to get my ear pierced. I had to wait until I turned 8. I remember looking forward to that time with much anticipation. With my girls I decided that I would let them get their ears pierced when they wanted to. I would let them know that it would hurt but if they wanted to do it I would let them. Kelsey waited until she was about 6 but Lauren has been wanting hers done for quite a while now. She had been struggling with some small details of potty training so we set a goal with her that if she could work on that for a few months she could get her ears pierced. It was great motivation.
She got some small earrings for Christmas and her ears pierced that following Sunday. We have a neighbor that has one of the guns that they use at the jewelry store so she came over to pierce Lauren's ears. She was so brave!
4 comments:
Cute! What a happy little girl! I think every girl (except those with pierced ears as newborns) remembers fondly the right of passage it was to get ears pierced.
Yea for pierced ears! I had to wait until I was 8, or maybe it was 10 and I was scared to death! Lauren is my hero! What a brave little girl!
My own little girl has been begging to get hers done. She's even willing to spend her birthday money on it. I've been too busy to think about it yet, but I'm sure we'll be putting holes in her ears soon too.
Awesome! It is such a big milestone in a little girl's life, isn't it? I did the same thing, I let my girls decide when they wanted theirs pierced. Cass was 6, and Janessa was 4. Congrats to Lauren! What a big girl!
Post a Comment