Thursday, September 11, 2008

Proud to be an American

September 11th is a day that we will never forget. A day that changed our country forever. But it is a day that makes me reflect on all of the blessings that I have in my life to be grateful for. For a wonderful family, good friends, faith and a free country. I will forever be grateful for the brave men and women of our country who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom.

Recently Chad and I went to the Desert Star Playhouse with my parents. After the main play the cast does a musical medley of songs. This one had a patriotic theme. They had all of the men and women in the audience who have ever served in the armed forces stand and be honored. My father stood. I love my dad more than I can put into words. He is truly a hero in my eyes. As a young child I learned by his example a love for this country. I truly am proud to be an American!!

3 comments:

J.J. said...

What a great post, I'm too proud to be an American, we live in a wonderful place with so many freedoms. That is so neat about your dad, I', sure you were so proud when he stood.

Lara said...

How fun! I sometimes wish my parents lived closer so we could do fun little things like that. You have a great family and dad, you should be proud.

Sam and Josh said...

What a great dad you have. That is really awesome and very memorable day.