Monday, October 13, 2008

Extreme Makeover Living Room Edition

This past weekend I celebrated my birthday and I got the best present ever...an updated living room! I have wanted to take out the carpet in my living room and hallway for quite some time now. The way my house is designed our living room doubles as a hallway and the carpets were worn out in the traffic areas and it drove me crazy! So, this weekend Chad and I ripped out the carpet and had hardwood floors put in. Chad also installed a new railing. It looks so good I absolutely love it. It is fun to update the space that you live in everyday.
BEFORE

AFTER
P.S. I had a great birthday. Chad and I went to the Jazz game Thursday night and Aunt Cassie stayed with the kids. When we got home there was a huge Happy Birthday poster from the kids along with some very colorful sugar cookies they had decorated for me. I had lunch on Friday with some of my closest friends and received phones calls from so many friends and family. I felt very loved, I am one lucky girl!!

8 comments:

Lara said...

It looks so great! What an awesome birthday!

Our family said...

Happy birthday! The floor looks great!

Ball Family Blog said...

I love it! I looks so good, and I love the railing! Can't wait to see it in person!

Andee said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

The living room looks great! That railing is amazing! Kid spills will be a lot easier to clean up now! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!! I will have to come see it. Happy Birthday!!!

J.J. said...

I love it Amanda, how fun for you. The floor looks great and I love the railing. We have been looking at hardwood floors, but cannot decide what shade of color to get. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!!!

KALIE said...

Ok, I knew I'd be jealous. That floor is amazing. It looks so great!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday...5 days late. I'm kind of a deadbeat sister-in-law, I know.

You're living room looks awesome!!! So nice and I'm sure you love it!

Congrats on your Extreme Makeover - it looks fantastic!