Thursday, June 4, 2009

Exciting Times

Life has been a little crazy since we have been home from our vacation. I am not sure if I just got used to the peace and quiet for a week or that my kids are extra busy lately, either way we are getting back to normal. We had a busy month last month and I have many things that I wanted to blog about, but never the time to do it. So you might see some things in the coming days that happened a month ago but are still worth mentioning. One of the many exciting things that is happening in our area is the open house for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. The open house started on Monday and will continue through August 1st. Today I get the privilege of helping with the open house as an usher and I am very excited to help and to be inside the temple. This temple is just down the street from our home and is along my regular running route. Over the past year my friend and I would pass the temple and watch it being built and talk about how exciting it would be when it was finally finished and we could see the inside.

Chad and I went on a walk the other night and we decided to walk over to the temple. It was after dark and the temple was all lit up and was so beautiful. I am excited to take my kids there in a few weeks and let them see the inside. They have been very curious and have asked me some very sweet questions about the temple and what happens there. We have had many good discussions over the past few months. I feel very blessed to live so close to a temple where I can see it everyday and be reminded of the promises that I have made there and take the opportunity to go there often. I hope all of you will take the opportunity to go inside during the open house and see what a beautiful place the temple is.

1 comment:

J.J. said...

The Oquirrh temple is so beautiful, I feel so bless to be so close and to see it everyday.