Monday, November 10, 2008

Super Saturday!

This weekend Chad and I took off to St. George for a little RR&R (Running, Recreation and Relaxation). The main reason that we went down was for another half-marathon that I was able to participate in on Saturday. It was a perfect day to run. The sun was shining and the temperature was mild. This was my second half marathon and my goal going into it was to finish faster than I had previously. I was able to do that, I finished 10 minutes faster. It was great!!


After, Chad and I headed south from there to Mesquite for the recreation and relaxation. We went to the gun club so Chad could shoot a round of sporting clays. I got to be the trap girl and push the button to release the clay pigeon. It was so fun. I never really go with him when he does stuff like this so I never get to see him in action. He hit almost all of the clay pigeons. He amazes me.
We finished the evening at the health spa with a couples massage and time to relax together. It was a wonderful weekend. I love my husband, and having the time to spend together is so valuable. We are lucky that we are surrounded by our family and that they are willing to keep the kiddos. Thanks Grandma Kim and Aunt Brynne!!

3 comments:

Ball Family Blog said...

Congrats on the run! I am so proud of you, and can't wait to cheer you on on your next run! Looks like a fun weekend! Love ya!

Sam and Josh said...

Congrats and it was so fun to see you. You did such an awesome job and I hope we can do another one.

Our family said...

Congrats on beating your time. I'm so impressed that you can do that! I suppose running a half marathon might be worth it if it means a weekend away from the kiddos.