'TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING, BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS, I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.
THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED - THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE.
BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.
TOSSING AND TURNING IN ANTICIPATION,
THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.
SO I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR.
AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.
I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
'TILL ALL OF A SUDDEN I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.
I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING FLOATING INTO THE SKY
WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.
BUT I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES
HAPPY EATING TO ALL, PASS THE CRANBERRIES PLEASE.
MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP;
MAY YOUR POTATOES AND GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS, MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE -
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!
I can't believe that Thanksgiving is already here. It seems like the holidays come around faster and faster every year. I love Thanksgiving though. I love spending time with family and eating all of the yummy food. Two of my favorite things!
I know I should focus more throughout the year on all of my blessings, but something about this time of year really reminds me to be grateful for all of the things that I have in my life. I hope that each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy being with your families.
I know I should focus more throughout the year on all of my blessings, but something about this time of year really reminds me to be grateful for all of the things that I have in my life. I hope that each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy being with your families.





3 comments:
Enjoy your Thanksgiving and give the family a big squeeze from us!
I wish you were here to go running with me! Have a fun Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to the whole family! Hope you guys have a fun and safe holiday weekend! Hugs and kisses to the kids!
Post a Comment