Monday, July 13, 2009

Bye Bye ICU

Yesterday was a good day for Kelsey. It was moving day. She was moved from the ICU to the medical floor. She had been improving everyday and we are so proud of her progress. She is able to breath on her own now so no more need for an oxygen machine. She is down to only one IV that is just giving her fluids. She is taking all of her medications orally. She is starting to eat, even though she hasn't had much of an appetite, and she is getting up out of her bed with help.

She is now working with a physical therapist to regain the strength in her legs and a respiratory therapist that is helping strengthen her lungs. She has some tough days ahead as we get her stronger and healthier, but she is a fighter and I know that she will be ok.

She is anxious to get home, she thinks that the hospital is the most boring place to be. I am trying to keep her busy and entertained while she is awake to take her mind off of things. She has everything that a teenager would want up here. Movies, PlayStation, her iPod, laptop, books and teen magazines. Yesterday while she was awake she wanted to Facebook with her friends. She is definitely feeling better and I am so glad.

Thank you for all of the prayers and support that we have received. We feel very blessed to be surrounded by such great people.

4 comments:

Ami said...

I am so glad that she is okay. What a frightening time for you. Let me know if you need anything.

Erica said...

I am SO glad she is doing so well. I can't wait to come up and see her.

Did you by chance take that basket up to her room?? I'm excited to make that book for her.

Kellie said...

Wonderful, wonderful news. She is an amazing girl... Your very own little miracle!

Leslie Kay said...

I love your title .... it says so much! Can you believe the techno stuff these days? I'm glad it is helping Kelsey with the boredom. It will feel so good for all of you when she gets home. We'll continue to pray for that to be as soon as possible. Let us know if you need anything.