Sunday, July 5, 2009

Update on Kelsey

We just wanted to take a moment and update everyone on Kelsey's status. We spoke with the head of the Pediatric ICU Department this morning. Our first impression of her when we met on Thursday was that she was a very philosophical woman, not too much faith. However she made the comment yesterday that she feels like if it wasn't for the faith and prayers of those around us Kelsey would probably not be here with us today. So we are grateful for all of your prayers.

The bacterial infection still is showing trace amounts in her blood stream, this is a good sign that the antibiotic course is working. She is still on the heart/lung machine and will be for the next 3-5 days depending on her day to day progression. She will remain on the paralytic medicine as well, so she can not communicate with us. We appreciate all of the love, support and words of encouragement. We know a lot of you are concerned and love Kelsey and we will do our best to keep up with the communication. We have a long road ahead of us. She is a fighter and we will get through this and be better because of it.

8 comments:

Jerry and Lyn said...

Amanda, We just got home from vacation. I was saddened to hear what you have been going through. This is a tender time for you. I am so sorry to hear about Kelsey's situation. Your family is in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I know I speak for many when I say that we will all continue to pray for OUR Kelsey to return strong to us soon. But, on a personal note... you know I love her like she was my own and wait for the day to get my hugs again!!!! Not only does she treat me like another grandma... but, we're friends, too. Love to your whole family.

Kristin said...

Thanks for the updates....I've been checking your blog 1000 times a day! My family and I will continue the prayers, along with the many others praying for you, your family, and Kelsey...as they obviously have a power we will never understand! Again...let me help if I can! Love you!

chandra said...

Thanks for updating all of us Amanda. I'm sure this isn't an easy time for the family and I REALLY appreciate the update. We of course will continue to pray for Kelsey and your entire family. Thinking of you all-
Chandra and family

Sam and Josh said...

We have Kelsey in our thoughts and prayers. I am glad to hear of the better news. Hang in there and we are here if you need us for anything. She is such a sweetheart.

Amy said...

Amanda! I'm so glad for the update on Kelsey. I've been praying for your family all weekend and thinking about what you must be going through. I hope you can feel the many prayers that have been said in behalf of your family and especially for Kelsey's speedy recovery! Love you so much! Please let me know where I can help out!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I am so glad that Kelsey is doing better. We pray for her daily. When I talked to you in the morning on Thursday I had no idea how sick she was. If there is anything we can do just let us know. We love you guys
The Schmidt's

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Amanda, Kelsey and all of your family are in my prayers. I told Emily to let me know if there is anything I can do to help or support you all. I'll be praying.

-Lisa (Emily's friend)