Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Big 2nd Grader!

Yesterday morning I was getting ready for the day when a sleepy eyed Garrett came into the bathroom and asked what I was getting ready for. I reminded him that today was the first day of school. "I know Mom, but I don't need you to take me. I can totally do this on my own," he said. I told him that I wanted to take him for the first day. When we got to the school he went over to his class line and tried to ignore his mom standing a few feet away. I definitely want to raise happy independent children, but come on it's only the 2nd grade. They grow too fast. See he's pretty good at ignoring me.

7 comments:

Andee said...

Oh! 2nd grade! I can't believe how big all of the kids are! I mean, I was only 10 when Kelsey was born.. Time goes by so fast!

Lara said...

Yipee! You are finally a blogger! And what a cute blog! Your pictures from the race turned out way better than mine. I couldn't even post the one I had with Janice because one of us had our eyes closed. Garrett looks so cute, I love that school has started again even though my kids are off track.

J.J. said...

I can't believe our kids our in second grade, he is such a handsome little boy, or could I say big boy.
Thanks for your help that day, I really need to get with it.

Unknown said...

Garrett,
You are going to rock the second grade. I am so excited for you and proud to show off how handsome you are!!!
Love ya tons

Sam and Josh said...

I was happy to find your blog. By the way, you did awesome in the half marathon. I wish I would have seen you guys. Congrats.

Our family said...

Yeah, another blog to read! I am so impressed that you stuck with the running and I can't believe how many runners there are out there? Am I the only one who likes sleeping until 7 a.m.?

Leslie Kay said...

Hope it's okay I found your blog! I was looking through old pictures and found one of Brinlee and Garrett at MOPS. That was so fun when those two played together. I LOVE blogging - come visit our site and see what we're up to. I love your address - way cute. Take Care!