Monday, August 25, 2008

Time Flies!!

Today was Kelsey's first official day of middle school. Last Thursday she had "7th Grade" day where all the incoming 7th graders come to learn how to navigate the school without all the other kids there. She was excited to see her friends and find all of her classes and see who she knew in each one. She was especially excited to decorate her locker. (It's a girl thing!) When I took her that morning I couldn't help but feel a little sad. Here I was sending my little girl off into the big world of middle schoolers. I felt like I was sacrificing her to the wolves! For a short moment when she jumped out of the car and flipped her hair I saw the beautiful young lady that she is becoming and was sad for the little girl that has grown up. It is true what they say, Time Flies! I love you Kelsey!

3 comments:

Andee said...

Yea for Kelsey! Middle School was my favorite time!

J.J. said...

She is getting so big, and I can't believe you have a 7th grader, time sure does fly by.
She is a beautiful young lady.

Ball Family Blog said...

Ahh, I can't believe how fast Kelsey grew up either. Makes me feel rather old. She is an amazing young woman, and she will do awesome!